Sunday, April 26, 2009
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Monday, March 30, 2009
Monday, March 23, 2009
The stars on my left foot were done years ago and sadly(because it hurts like a MOFO) they need to be redone. I had been wanting my boy's initials for some time. The old tax return helped make that a dream come true!
I have been in a haze of crafting Etsy requests lately so, I have been busy. I love that I am busy but, I sometimes struggle to keep balanced with my kids and house-stuff. I am happy to do anything that keeps me home with my boys. I love being able to take my oldest to school everyday and I love the time I get with the baby. Finances being what they are, unless I get a major order or am featured in O magazine (Ha!) I will be throwing newspapers in the wee hours to make sure I can stay home. Then I get to figure out how to not be a Zombie- if it's not one thing it's another. Oh well. I am trying to get enthused and inspired to create more items and give you all something to give a crap about in this here blog. I was completely enthralled by this blog- ahhh to have the time and energy to do these!
Note to self: see if there are any foot fetish sites that like large, tattooed feet- CHAching!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
any colors-different brands may melt at different rates-some not at all
Candy or muffin mold
you may want to use this only for this so buy a cheapy one at Target in the dollar section- that's where I got mine.
you will place the mold on this- it will keep the mold stable because, hot wax+skin=Yeeouch!
preferrably your own, bribe them with the delights of crafting.
2) strip all of the paper off of crayons- you can also leave it on and fish it out once the wax has melted but, not my favorite method.
3) break crayons into small chunks- kids LOVE this part, by far the most fun step
4) place bits of crayons in mold. Any more than 3 colors in each little cup and you may end up with muddy colored crayons
5) place mold on baking sheet and put in oven for 15 minutes or so. Different crayons melt at different times and sometimes not at all(usually the metallic colors or certain cheap brands seem to have trouble).
6) once crayons are liquid you can take the mold out of the oven- leave them in the mold and let cool for approximately 45 minutes on the counter. Or pop those suckers in the freezer and have crayons 10 minutes later- you can guess which way we went with this;)
Sunday, February 1, 2009
1 & 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup milk
- Don't throw away those black bananas!! They are full of sweet sugary banana goodness. As long as there is no mold on them they are perfect for making bread. You can use fresh ripe bananas but, in my opinion this always tastes better with overripe ones.
- The more bananas you use the denser the bread will be and it will take a bit longer to bake- up to hour. The bread should be a nice deep brown color when it is done. Make sure that a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the loaf. With muffins, when they spring bake under your touch they are ready (usually dark golden).
- You can add nuts to the batter or anything else for that matter- try adding chocolate chips!
- Enjoy with ungodly amounts of butter! Or au naturale, it is great either way. Great for breakfast or warmed up with some ice cream for dessert (read as: anytime).
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
- Use metal spoon unless you have a wooden spoon that you will only use for making this. The wood will absorb the oils making it unfit for use in cooking afterwards.
- Careful! This can make the tub/shower a bit slippery so use caution.
- Cinnamon can be left out and you can use any scent essential oil(s) you like.
This is great for dry winter skin. I felt velvety soft after using this. Because it is really cheap, fast and easy to make, that makes it a great gift. It is something that most people won't make for themselves but would love to have! Enjoy!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Also, a few items that I have been crafting today. They can be found shortly in my Etsy shop http://www.loudmouse.etsy.com/ . I craft in an ADD fashion. I flit from thing to thing until I get completely consumed by one or the other. The problem with that is, I hate to leave things unfinished! So, If I start a craft project that turns out to be spooty (you heard me!) I still have to finish it. So, the happy medium that I have found is short timed crafts. Crafts that are not going to take longer than say, an hour or so. Seems to do the trick. That is, until I decide that I really should start that baby clothes quilt I have been planning forever. I cannot win with myself!
Today's offerings are feathered hairsticks and an Anti-Valentine's day Art.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
~pause to fix green metal rocket that has lost a wing. Again.~
Where was I.. oh yes, mundane, well, I will try to keep it fresh and snappy and be true to trying to keep up with it daily. That has not worked with the Wii fit so, I promise nothing!